New Coach Appointed
I am delighted to confirm that Tom Shuttleworth will be joining Hellingly RFC as the Club Coach from July 2021, supporting all age groups from Seniors to Minis.
Tom is a qualified RFU Coach with extensive experience of coaching forwards and backs. His experience includes defence, attack and set play strategies. He has worked with England Rugby, England Sevens Development team, London Irish Rugby Club, Ireland Rugby, Sussex County Rugby, Wasps Academy and Ealing Trail-finders
Tom's coaching will have a positive impact on 4 areas of the Club:
- Leading Tuesday evening training at the recreation ground from Tuesday 20th July
- Providing structured training and game strategies across both teams to maintain a strong presence in Sussex 1 and to develop a greater strength in depth across both teams
- Support on Saturday game day
- Oversee the development of junior rugby for ages 8yr to 18yrs
- Working with schools, and our existing rugby support for schools, to build interest and opportunity for young players to access fun and competitive rugby
- Delivery of Tom's Rhinos at the club for children aged 2yr to 7yrs, offering creative development through fun games
- Provision of after school activities at schools to generate interest and skills for young people
- Tom will provide a varied range of activities at the Recreation ground through holiday periods so people of all ages can join the activities they want and have fun
This is a great opportunity for the Club to build on the competitive and social enjoyment of the game at all levels. I'm sure you would all want to join me in congratulating Tom and in giving him our support in the season ahead.
Roger Simmons, Hellingly Chair - 1st June 2021